Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beta Testers Wanted
Noele
post May 29 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Contributer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

If you enjoy playing the odd game or too you may be interested in requesting to become a Beta tester for some of our development games.

What is a "Beta Tester?"

New software always needs to be extensively tested prior to release and although every effort is made to ensure it is bug-free prior to release, it is practically impossible to test for all user computer systems and all the possible configurations. Prior to releasing the first "Alpha" version companies offer a "Beta" version at no cost in order to gain customer feed-back, bug reports and make any necessary changes prior to marketing a full version release.

What does a Beta Tester have to do?

This often depends upon the product but in general they are advised to use the software as it was intended and also in other ways to simulate "improper use" or ignoring of any instructions to evaluate how the software handles the users instructions.

(For those of you not conversant with software coding, as much as 60% of the main coding involves trapping and dealing with possible errors.)

What does a Beta Tester get out of it?

Much depends upon your input (feed-back) but in most cases you can expect to be upgraded to the final product at no cost.

No coding experience is required to become a Beta Tester. You simply try it out, report back your findings and hopefully have had some fun along the way.

If you are interested, PM me (send me a Personal Message).

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SaCrow
post Aug 31 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 154

When I got back the other day, I had an email waiting for me. It was an invite to the COD4 Multiplayer Beta.

Fun game at least in the 40 minutes I've put into it.

Anybody else in the beta?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Software4me
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 01:39 PM