Software4me

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are the min spec?, Obviously Unix with PHP & Mysql but Versions???
Just William
post Oct 9 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 6

There are a lot of Auto Responders on the market already so I am not sure why you would want to write another but...

If it works as well as you suggest and it is free, I might be interested in giving it a try. But I have a load of questions which I think you should really have answered before.

1. What version(s) PHP?
  2. What version(s) MySQL
  3. What about server overload if sending lots of mail?
  4. How easy is it to configure? I am not a wiz with PHP
  5. Do I need to know code to set it up?
  6. Will it still work if I am away for a day or so or does it need me to login each day?
  7. Are there any screenshots you could supply?

Sorry it is a long list but I believe these are fundamental questions which need to be answered.

William,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noele
post Oct 10 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Contributer

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Indeed there are MANY autoresponders currently on the market, three of which I purchased yet I use none of these. Why? One is too complex, one is too basic, and the other is actually intended to be run on a dedicated server framework and is centered around an affiliate marketing system.

However, my prime reason for creating my own is that of Anti-Spam compliance.

Like most folk I hate Email Spam but I do sign-up for newsletters and information. What annoys (me) the most is not being able to easily have details removed should I get "bombarded" with emails about unrelated topics.

So I created my own email marketing system.

There is a website under construction for Fisher-AR but it is rather like a Catch-22 at the moment:

Without the software (Fisher-AR) it has nothing to market.
Fisher-AR without its showcase website is not going to get seen.

There are loads of screen-shots and even a short video demo but Fisher-AR needs to be fully operational first.

In a nutshell:

• PHP 4.3.x or greater.
  • MySQL 4 or greater.
  • Anti-Spam complaint - Double opt-in with subscription and unsubscribe added automatically.
  • Fisher-AR has its own scheduling engine to prevent server loads.
  • It has its own installer to write its own configuration script or can be done manually.
  • Sends emails in plain text OR HTML.
  • Contains a WYSIWYG editor.
  • Can use CRON JOBS if available but can also be triggered "on the fly" by visitors to your site.
  • Pro version can create unlimited email campaigns (Lite is limited to 10).
  • Create custom fields for each email campaign.
  • Generates sign-up form code in either HTML 4 or XHTML 1.
  • Pro version has 16 Professional (editable) HTML Newsletter templates.
  • Pro version allows multiple Admin accounts.
  • Allows emails (both canned messages and broadcast emails) to have one attachment.

Fisher-AR Pro also has some rather complex features not found on many other autoresponders, like the ability to import and export messages or leads in CSV format and will even handle compressed GZIP and mapping of fields.

I will post some more info when I get time.

+Quote Post
Just William
post Oct 10 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #3

WoW! ohmy.gif

That is some serious stuff!

I'm not too sure of the Lite version (from your description it does not offer anything mine does, although I do like the idea of compulasry Anti-Spam complience) I do make sure my stuff is, but I like the idea of not having to add it myself.

On the face of it... Put my name down and I will give it a go on an information course I am creating. (the Pro, not the Lite)

Or do I need to PM you or visit somewhere?

William.

+Quote Post
Noele
post Oct 10 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #4

Contributer

Glad you like the min spec.

I only detailed the most important benefits Fisher-AR can offer. I will sort out a download link through our downloads center - the login is the same as these forums but permissions vary so I will need to alter your membership group before you can gain access.

I will also have to upload the latest version. (There was an annoying cosmetic bug which added an extra space in the test email module after linefeed removal / correction)

Give me a couple of days and I will attend to it.

+Quote Post
Just William
post Oct 10 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Noele @ Oct 10 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Glad you like the min spec.

I only detailed the most important benefits Fisher-AR can offer. I will sort out a download link through our downloads center - the login is the same as these forums but permissions vary so I will need to alter your membership group before you can gain access.

I will also have to upload the latest version. (There was an annoying cosmetic bug which added an extra space in the test email module after linefeed removal / correction)

Give me a couple of days and I will attend to it.

That was Fast! But Wait!

It is the Pro I want. It souns like it can wipe the floor with my stuff but I can't afford $97 or whatever it was.

+Quote Post
The Shadow
post Oct 10 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #6

Group: Pro Member
Member No.: 9

Interesting.

Can you answer me somethin?

I hate Spam Emails and if this is not just another way of sending emails which ppl do not want then what is it?

and what is Anti-Spam anyway?

+Quote Post
Cheeko
post Oct 21 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #7

Group: Pro Member
Member No.: 25

You have been working on this for two years you say? Well you kept THAT quiet! Plan on keeping all the profits for yourself I guess, but then... if you have done all the work I guess it is only fair.

OK so how can I help (Usual terms, I get free updates)

I have 8 different server configs - let me test out the installer. I don't want the Pro until it is a stable release.

+Quote Post
Noele
post Oct 21 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Contributer

Sorry for the delay in replying, been rather busy.

Good News - Bad News folks.

Fisher-AR Pro is installed (and running on) this website, although not all sign-up forms reflect this yet, but they will. I am convinced it will do what I ask of our commercial email marketing company so I am busy migrating existing email campaigns to get Fisher-AR Pro to take over. This will save $180 per account which makes a one time price tag of $97 ludicrous.

The bad news is I only plan on releasing Fisher-AR Lite - Freeware.

I am keeping Fisher-AR pro for my own use.

Sorry folks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Software4me
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 02:24 AM